Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The More Things Change...

I am sitting at my desk as the seven Von Trapp children get fitted for the costumes for “The Sound of Music.” 
Major déjà vu. I was cast as Gretl in St. Mary Church’s production in, what must have been March, 1984 or so.  (I was twelve, but looked six.  It all worked out just fine.) 
Anyway, I remember standing on RL’s hearth, practicing my audition song, as if it were yesterday.   She is down the hall, no longer as the pianist, but as one of the show’s directors – simply amazing at what she does.  I am so blessed to have her in my life – for so many reasons.
The woman (girl, at the time) who played Liesl, works here now as well.  She just started less than a year ago.  We joke that I’ve always been a little bit obsessed with her and now that I see her every day, my obsession just grows.
The guy who played Friedrich is now my brother-in-law.  Funny stuff.  Love him!
As much as some things change, the more things stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment