Monday, February 18, 2013

A Near Perfect Circle

I just read a facebook post of a woman who was just told that her baby (due in a few weeks) is the size of a watermelon.  Such an exciting time for her and her husband. I have seen fb pictures of her - she is gorgeous - with or without a babe on the way. 

When I was pregnant with H and M...to the best of my recollection, I was not so much gorg.  I'm okay with that.  I had a lot goin' on that I had to focus on...

G went to every single doctor's appointment with me. And I had more than most.  He rocked the world.  Given our history of horrifying doctor appointments, he didn't want me to be alone.  Ever.  (Long story.  Believe me.)

Anyway, at one such appointment, we were waiting for quite a while for the doctor to come in the room.  We were bored and G saw the tape measure on the counter.  You know the one.  He thought it'd be funny to measure my belly - all the way around.  I was huge.  There is no getting around it.  No need to sugarcoat it, either now or then.  Massive. 

Anyway, he took the tape measure and started to wrap it around my body.  He was pulling so hard to fit it all the way around me - he broke it.  It didn't fit.  I don't think we've ever laughed so hard in our lives.

I was over 4 feet around.  I am only 5 feet tall.  I was a beach ball.

And for that visual, you're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment