Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today...

...I am thankful for...

H and M's morning cuddle
checking off another day of no diet coke
seeing everyone so busy at work but always, (usually) hearing laughter
beautiful white flowers on the trees on the way home from work
avocado and tomato salad lunch
(although sadly at the wake of a "forever friend's" dad) seeing "forever friends" who knew and loved me as a kid and who now know and love my kids
emailing besties as if we are in the same room
not having any laundry to do
having a friend to whom I don't hesitate asking "hey, can you take my kids for a while this afternoon?"
watching H and M play with "The Boys" - true love
knowing that one of my best friends is blissfully, unquestionably, breathlessly, madly happily in love
homemade sauce
catching up with a great friend, even if only for a few minutes
sending G the link for the gift I want for Mother's Day so I know I'll get just what I want.  Thank you.
a freshly cut lawn
watching M and H navigate a computer
our Four Family walk around the neighborhood after dinner
Adam Levine (I don't think we'll ever fall out of love.)

it's never a "perfect" day, but if you pay attention, there are always little things sure make you smile


No comments:

Post a Comment