Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Music To My Ears


This reminded me of a conversation we had on our ride to school this morning.  I was flipping through the radio stations and bumped in to a current pop hurts-your-ears-it's-so-bad-lyrics-are-so-repetitive-I-could-cry-and-the-person-probably-can't-really-sing-but-they-have-computers-to-hide-that song.  (I recognize that I sound, and am, middle aged by making that statement but it's true.)

Anywho...I overheard H and M talking in the backseat about how much they don't like Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, One Direction, blah blah blah.  THEY love to listen to "all the songs Mumma and Daddy like, like Stevie Wonder, 'that lady that sings "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, 'that Crazy Train song by the guy with the weird eyes' and 'all those songs on the 1960's and 1970's music station on tv that they listen to when their friends come over." 

Brain washing.  It's working well.

No comments:

Post a Comment