Sunday, April 14, 2013

It Takes a Village

Yesterday.  A third grader, two fourth graders, two fifth graders and a seventh grader.
 
"Facetiming" their "big kid" FSPA friends who are spending the week performing and taking classes in DisneyWorld.

The "big kids" were in EPCOT, saw a call coming in from them and took the time to pick up and chat.  That's ridiculous.  It really is.  And I will be sure to take the time and thank them when they get home.



A few minutes after I took this picture, I got a phonecall from a mom who is looking to hire "another big kid" this summer as a nanny.  As a reference, I am a bit concerned that this mom thought that all the ridiculously good things I said about her can't possibly be true.  (I really WOULD trust her to raise my children if G and I get run over by a mack truck.  Well, I didn't say exactly that but I mean it.)

Later this week, we will meet up with some more "big kids" who are very busy with their college-selves, but are taking the time to spend some of their day with us and our knuckleheads as we visit their home away from home at college.  Love.

I am eternally thankful for all the "big kids" in our crazy kids' lives.  However, it puts a lot of pressure on G and me.  If H and M end up complete and total disasters, I think we'll have no one to blame but ourselves...they couldn't possibly have a better village.

No comments:

Post a Comment