Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Star Mail

Yesterday afternoon, the girls and I were in my office. We were talking about the weekend and "The Sound of Music."  In the middle of a conversation H and I were having, M yelled out, "Oh, Mumma, guess what?!  Guess who we got a Star Mail from yesterday?" 

Star Mail is a great thing that we do in our FPAC lobby (thanks, G!)  For $1, patrons can send a "break a leg/great job" message to a performer backstage.  (Sometimes, cast members send to other cast members as well.)  You put the message in a big mailbox and it gets sent back during intermission.  It's so much fun.  It's a great way to get performers pumped for their upcoming show and it's an easy way to raise a little bit of money.  Win. Win.

Anyway, after numerous guesses (much to M's annoyance...), I was unable to come up with the giver of the Star Mail.  M finally told me that it was from M (a girl who had a lead von Trapp role).  "Oh, how nice.  She's seems like a cutie patootie.  I'm happy that your guys are becoming friendly with her."  "Mumma, I know. But why would SHE give US one?!  She was a LEAD and we were only in the ENSEMBLE!"

***Time for Life Lesson #4,396***

 I am very thankful to M (not "my" M but the "giver of the Star Mail M") for unknowingly giving us that quick opportunity to chat about life at that moment.  And thanks for making my kids feel special - even though you're just a kid too.

Sometimes when you least expect it, you're able to teach your kids something really important.  Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment