Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Friend

Do you ever wonder if there's anyone in your life that you've had an impact on and you don't really know it?

I bet that happens to all of us. We are so busy going about our daily lives that we don't realize that a lot of what we do and say affects others in a very positive way.  We get so caught up in our own lives that we don't see how we impact others.  I also think that sometimes we take our relationships and friendships for granted and we don't always recognize that sometimes just being there for others is so important - even if you feel as if you're not doing anything out of the ordinary for someone.

Well, I want to give a shout out to someone who really has a made and continues to make a huge impact on H and M's lives.  I have tried to tell him, but he just rolls his eyes and makes fun of me.  (Or maybe I just think he's making fun of me.  I tend to do that.)  He truly has no idea how much they think of and care about him.  They see each other so often and sometimes don't have much more than a "hey there" before they all go along their merry way.  Other times, they spend hours together.  He is a HUGE part of our lives and I'm not sure that he knows how special he is to them and to us.

Either way, he is making a huge impact on their lives.  He makes them smile.  He makes them think.  He makes them laugh.  He makes them feel important.  He does that for all of us.   He is beyond words generous with his time, his effort and his heart. If I told him that's how I felt, he'd not believe me.  But it's way true.

He won't even know I'm writing this.  But it makes me happy to write it anyway and, because this blog IS all about me, I'm going for it.

That he doesn't realize what a gift he is to us it truly a puzzle to me...
Our lives are more full (or is it fuller?) because of him...

So, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment