Friday, September 12, 2014

Reality

M and H have finished up their first full week of middle school. They both got 10/10 on their first grade.
I think they think they are Harvard-bound.
In a few minutes, they will finish up their first (nearly full) week of FSPA.
They have been staring at their feet, waiting for the pointe shoe blisters to appear since Monday.
(They are weird. And yet, I understand).

This week was great.  Everything went as well as we could have possibly hoped for.  Phew.
But I missed them.
I get so used to seeing them over the summer-even while I was at work. (Have I mentioned that I love my job?)
But because of this, the first few weeks of September are always a culture shock for me.

We will head down the cape as soon as they finish up class. Yes, please.
I can't wait to have an entire uninterrupted hour to chat and re-connect as we head over the bridge.

Until they start bugging me and I turn up the radio so that I can't hear them anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment