Friday, November 8, 2013

Par-Tay. Well, Not Really

I just picked up the bouncy house for the girls.
Now to keep it a surprise until Sunday.

What is it with me and surprises?  I don't like to be surprised all that much.  I have no idea why I am completely obsessed with surprising M and H. (If you are with me on a regular basis, you know what I mean.  If you are not with me on a regular basis, consider yourself lucky - for many reasons.)

Anyway, I am loving the idea of the girls' bday this year.  They will be 11 on 11/11.  At 11:20 and 11:22.   Too bad it's not 2011. (Poor planning on our part.)

Anyway, they have rehearsal on Sunday and so, before and after, some FSPA buds are coming over.  Really, that's the whole day.  We have nothing officially "birthday-ish" planned.  It's not even a "birthday party".  They've never really been fans of having "birthday parties".  In fact, the last one they had was when they were in first grade, I think.  Maybe even kindergarten.  We got home and they agreed that it was fun but really nothing they had to do again.  It didn't take much more than that to convince us.  Money saved.  Thanks, girls.

This day will be no different than any other time they have this crew come over.   (Well, except for the bouncy house. I guess we don't typically have that parked out back.  Other than that, I mean).

But really, they'll make countless action movies and music videos.  They will ask their buddy, J, how "life on the road" is. (He's playing "Chip" in Beauty and the Beast and, as luck would have it, is home for three weeks.  How terribly convenient!  They are so excited for him but can't wait for his run to be over so that he can come home again!!)

They will all dance (and bounce) and sing (and bounce) and eat cake and pizza (and bounce).  The shin-dig will be interrupted because they all have to go to rehearsal at FSPA for a bit and then they'll all come back and hang (and bounce) some more.  (And if it rains, ah well.  It's the thought that counts.)

It's sure to be the easiest, no fuss, day ever.  In fact, we probably won't see them at all - except to drive them to and from FSPA.  And even then, they won't pay all the much attention to us.  Isn't that what "11" is, after all?  Mom and Dad Who?

I love that they don't feel the need to make a big deal about their b-day.

I'd like to think that they feel that way because every day is a party.  Why shouldn't it be when you're 11?

And on a completely unrelated note, I'm home early today.  I am equally in love with Rob Lowe and Ellen Degeneres.

No comments:

Post a Comment